Developmental & Neurological Conditions
Children with developmental disorders may learn in special ways, have physical challenges that are different from other children or have behavioural issues that require special attention at home, in school or in the community. Dr Thabo Bisiwe can help enhance the coordination of services for your child with special needs.
He helps families with children of all ages who are experiencing developmental issues and have their own individual needs. He addresses the needs of our patients through inpatient services, consultation services and a variety of clinical programs.
Dr Thabo Bisiwe can assist with:
- A complete diagnostic evaluation to create an individualized care plan
- Ongoing, family-centred care that supports patients and families each step of the way
- Guidance to help families and teachers better manage the behaviour, communication and learning problems of children with developmental disabilities
- Family support services and resources ranging from parent discussion groups to a special needs toy library
- Services to help transition children to adult life
Dr Bisiwe will work with you to determine the needs of your child and develop a unique and total care plan. He aims to provide professional care and support for every child with developmental disabilities who enters his practice.Comprehensive Support For Families
Dr Bisiwe provides a complete course of care, individualized for each child and family, with the goal of helping children develop to their fullest potential. He educates and train parents and other caregivers to address the various issues that may arise when caring for a child with developmental delays.
Dr Bisiwe evaluates, counsels, and provides treatment for children, adolescents, and their families with a wide range of developmental and behavioural difficulties, including
- Learning disorders including dyslexia, writing difficulties, math disorders, and other school-related learning problems
- Attention and behavioural disorders including attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and associated conditions including oppositional-defiant behaviour, conduct problems, depression, and anxiety disorders
- Tics, Tourette syndrome, and other habit disorders
- Regulatory disorders including sleep disorders, feeding problems, discipline difficulties, complicated toilet-training issues, enuresis (bedwetting), and encopresis (soiling)
- Developmental disabilities including cerebral palsy, spina bifida, mental retardation, autism spectrum disorders, and visual and hearing impairments
- Delayed development in speech, language, motor skills, and thinking ability.
- Behavioural and developmental problems complicating the full range of pediatric chronic illnesses and disabling conditions (for example, genetic disorders, epilepsy, prematurity, diabetes, asthma, cancer)